Sat, Feb 29|
Clifton upon Dunsmore
Gripping for Success
What will I learn? * the difference between positive & negative gripping * attacking & ‘positive’ defensive Kumi Kata * different stances & how to deal with them Why do I need this? * we need to know the difference between positive & negative tactics to avoid penalisation and gripping to win
Time & Location
Feb 29, 2020, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Clifton upon Dunsmore, Clifton upon Dunsmore, Rugby, UK
February 2020 NAEF is launching the Ultimate Study LIVE series with the opening of their new Technical Skills Dojo in England’s Midlands.
First session is GRIPPING FOR SUCCESS!
As a World Champion , 2x Olympic medallist, IJF 9th Dan and an IJF Referee Supervisor, Neil knows what the referees are looking for and how you can be a success. It’s not about what you can’t do, but what you CAN do.
What will I learn?
- the difference between positive & negative gripping
- attacking & ‘positive’ defensive Kumi Kata
- different stances & how to deal with them
Why do I need this?
- we need to know the difference between positive & negative tactics to avoid penalisation and gripping to win
- real life competition situations - understanding intention and interpretation
- looking at stance and how to benefit as well as adapt from it
- to gain maximum efficiency to throw for Ippon
Minimum age 14+ Grade: Blue Belt
Only 12 spots available
Save by purchasing the Partner ticket - only 6 available
Further savings if you book the weekend ticket to include March 1st Newaza: Adapting under Pressure
Athletes, Coaches & Referees welcome
International guests please contact email@example.com for advice on nearby accommodation.
Closest airport: Birmingham International (BHX)
Closes February 14th, 2020 23:59 GMT